A list of best practices and evidence-based models for Health Professionals
- ADA DiabetesPro Professional Resources Online
- Search ADA's vast library of online resources to find quick answers to your clinical questions.
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ )
- Effective Health Care Program: Helping You Make Better Treatment Choices offers resources for health care providers.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Links to CMS benefits and services related to diabetes prevention and management for providers.
- Guidelines for the Practice of Diabetes Education
- Guidelines for the practice of diabetes education from the American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE)
- Healthy Eyes Toolkit
- A toolkit from the National Eye Institute to help health care professionals educate the public about the role of regular eye exams in maintaining good health.
- National Diabetes Education Program (NDEP)
- The National Diabetes Education Program is a federally-sponsored initiative that involves public and private partners to improve the treatment and outcomes for people with diabetes, to promote early diagnosis, and to prevent or delay the onset of diabetes.
- National Guideline Clearinghouse™ (NGC)
- The National Guideline Clearinghouse™ (NGC) is an online public resource for evidence-based clinical practice guidelines.
- Stanford University CDSMP
- A website with information about Stanford's Chronic Disease Self Management Program and other similar interventions.
- The Sweet Success Program
- A Professional Resource that assists in establishing cost-effective, national standards of care directed toward improving pregnancy outcomes through preventative health education for women with pre-existing or gestational diabetes.