Free online Building Better Caregivers workshop begins January 28
All caregivers of persons with dementia in Idaho and Washington are invited to sign up for the six week workshop.
Taking care of a loved one or friend with dementia or memory problems can be challenging. Over time, it can be overwhelming, and you may ignore your own health and needs. That`s not good for you or the person for whom you are caring.
A free, online Building Better Caregivers workshop can help. Register now at www.caregivers.selfmanage.org
A Building Better Caregivers workshop can help you:
- Find practical ways to manage your own fatigue and stress
- Manage difficult care partner behaviors and feelings
- Make good decisions and future plans for your loved ones and yourself
- Improve your sleep, stay active and eat healthy
Online, Easy to Follow, On Your Schedule
- Participate from any computer with Internet Connection
- Workshops last for six weeks
- Log on whenever it works for you
- Join a group of 25 people in each workshop, with new sessions posted each week for six weeks
- Participate in guided exercises
- Set your own goals and make a step-by-step action plan to help you feel better and be a better caregiver.
How it works
Two trained facilitators, at least one of whom is a caregiver, lead the six-week workshop through a secure Web site. It is highly interactive (sessions do not require real-time attendance) by way of e-mail and message boards. Participants build their confidence and self-management skills through action planning, sharing experience and mutual support. Participants log on at their convenience two or three times each week for a total of approximately two and a half hours. There are no requirements that participants log in at the same time.